My husband and I are forever sending each other links with *hint hint* as the subject when we run across something we are interested in that the other wouldn’t think of in a million years. I had this in mind when I created this list because a couple of these items have made it to his inbox. Here are some gift ideas the moms in your life would love, but you might not come up with on your own. (Maybe I’ll send this post along to my guy!)
- Baked goodies or any goodies from Hurley House. In particular, a friend of mine and I have recently been texting about our obsession with Hurley House’s amazing sparkle sandwich cookies, but a gift card for mom to pick up meals to-go any week would be equally fabulous. If you want to really blow her mind, have her entire Mother’s Day catered by them, and then clean up the kitchen afterward!
- A beautiful air plant by Untangled Collective. I would compare these easy care succulents to naturally occurring sculptures, arranged beautifully in simple containers. They are perfect to add green to her environment even if she is no green thumb. Low maintenance = busy mom friendly! Contact Jody for info at [email protected]
- A summer hat by local milliner Peters Brothers Hats. More than just cowboy hats, Peters Brothers carries all kinds of summer straw hats. Even if mom won’t make it to the beach this summer, perfect her splash pad look with a chic hat by this 100-year-old Cowtown family business.
- A staycation. Worlds away, but nestled near the heart of downtown Fort Worth, Azalea Plantation Bed and Breakfast will give mom a whole night away from the kids. This is perfect for the mom who isn’t ready to be too far away from her babies or the mom who simply doesn’t have calendar availability to get lost somewhere sandy! Mom might even let you join her on her time away, if you mind your manners and clean your plate. Also, check out our previously published list of perfect staycation spots.
- Spa time. While this might make most mother’s day gift lists, Mother would love for you to know that The Woodhouse Spa has recently opened in Fort Worth. Mother loves spa days, spa hours, or even spa minutes, and any amount of time you give her at the spa would make her feel like the loved queen she is. This uber luxurious spa is an oasis for moms and just so happen to be offering package options for this holiday!
- Appeal to her foodie side. If she loves to cook and enjoys experimenting in the kitchen, give the gift of Spice Madam. Both a monthly subscription box or one time purchase, Spice Madam fills each box with curated exotic spices, perfect for whipping up a new and delightful feast!
- Jewelry as unique as she is. A piece from Collectibles by Rick Kubes is sure to delight! No piece is the same: hand-mined, hand-polished, then handcrafted into beautiful custom jewelry. These minerals will be her go-to show pieces.
- A generous donation in Mom’s name. You know Mom has many causes that touch her heart dearly. Here at Fort Worth Moms Blog, we love and celebrate the work done by the Joan Katz Breast Center as we know so many mothers, young and old, who battle breast cancer. We would love you to consider the Katz Center as you graciously give of your money to celebrate the moms in your life.
- An art print from Van Grow Art Studio. Even if you’re not artistic, take your kids by the shop and receive help making a keepsake creation! They have many ceramic items just begging for a handprint. Moms love that sort of thing, and your children will enjoy making a project for their mama or grandmother.
- Last, but not least: a big ol’ sincere thank you. Mother does all those things out of love, not for a gift some Sunday in May. Nothing captures her mind’s eye or delights her heart more than a sweet articulation of your gratitude for the unsung hero she is every other day of the year.
If you’re buying for mom, I hope this list makes your task a little easier. If you are Mom, feel free to email this post to the appropriate eyes with a gentle *hint hint*!