Disclaimer :: Reliant Energy sponsored this blog post, providing information about its new partnership with Google and its Google Home Hub as well as a giveaway to one FWMB reader.
It’s the season for savings — find new ways to trim the spending, make routines more efficient, and weigh what’s out and what’s in (thanks, Marie).
If you’re hunting for an easier and affordable energy option, let us introduce you to a new pairing from Reliant and . . . wait for it . . . Google! This year Reliant announced its partnership with Google; this duo joined forces to bring the latest technology to its customers.
What Does This Mean for You?
Customers who sign up for the Reliant Truly Free Weekends plan will receive a Google Home Hub, a new smart display with the Google Assistant. In addition, Reliant customers can now sync their account to the smart display, giving them a whole new way of interacting with and managing their electricity use through voice commands and the Hub’s seven-inch screen.
This means free energy weekends for you, and an easy way to stay up-to-date on your energy use. Oh, let’s just face it: It’s also REALLY COOL. Here’s a rundown of the things your new BFF, the Google Home Hub can do:
- Keep an eye on your electricity use with a customized weekly snapshot. Just say, “Hey, Google, ask Reliant, how much electricity am I using?” You can even forecast your electric charges.
- Which brings us to . . . “Hey, Google” will also help you ask questions about your bill and receive other billing updates thanks to the “reminder” function you can customize.
- Are you feeling chilly? Or maybe want to turn up the thermostat when you leave the house? Good news: The Google Home Hub connects with a Nest thermostat. You can boss around your temperature control and expect immediate obedience. What more could a mother want?
- The Hub also respects your routines. You can create daily routines; for instance, by saying, “Hey, Google, good morning,” your Hub then knows to provide you with reminders, weather updates, and commute information. The same is true with a “good night, Google,” to set the thermostat, turn off lights, and much more.
- In other helpful news, you can also enjoy entertainment, get updates on sports scores . . . listen to music or your fave podcast . . . watch videos. (Just imagine: in the midst of a toddler tantrum, you can say, “Hey, Google, watch Daniel Tiger, and it happens!)
Who Wants to WIN a Google Home Hub?
Customers can sign up for the Reliant Truly Free Weekends plan and receive a Google Home Hub at no cost by visiting www.reliant.com or calling 1-866-Reliant. Truly Free Weekends begins at 8:00 p.m. Friday and ends at midnight on Sunday.
And guess what???? One lucky Fort Worth Moms Blog reader will WIN her very own Google Home Hub! The giveaway is happening on February 1, 2019 on the FWMB Facebook page, ending at 11:59 p.m. on February 8. See the social media post for all the details and rules.
Reliant, an NRG company, powers, protects, and simplifies life by bringing electricity, security, and related services to homes and businesses across Texas. Serving customers and the community is at the core of what it does, and the company is nationally recognized for outstanding customer experience. Reliant is part of NRG Energy, Inc. (NYSE: NRG), a Fortune 500 company that creates value by generating electricity and serving more than 3 million residential and commercial customers across the U.S. and Canada. NRG’s competitive residential electricity business, which includes Reliant, is the largest in the country. For more information about Reliant, please visit reliant.com and connect with Reliant on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.