What IS a Neighbor Group?
FWM Neighbor Groups are our solution for taking the big metroplex and making it feel smaller. We take the online FWM community and foster real-life, face-to-face friendships and support systems for moms. Neighbor Groups exists throughout Tarrant County, from Keller to Cleburne, from Aledo to Arlington, and everywhere in between. We have localized Neighbor Groups, topical Neighbor Groups such as Tarrant County Area Food Allergy Moms, and a Tarrant County Moms Conversation Neighbor Group to connect ALL the moms in and around a big part of North Texas. Each group has an assigned Neighbor Group leader, who facilitates discussion and represents her neighborhood/interest group. The Neighbor Group leaders for our localized groups also plan monthly play dates for the members of their groups. Our hope is to create a safe place for mothers from all walks of life to share their story and to receive encouragement.
How Can I Join?
It’s simple! There are no fees, no memberships, and no minimum attendance or participation requirements. When you visit the Neighbor Group Facebook page you wish to join, you simply click the “Join” tab or input your name into the “Add Members” field. Once you have answered a few questions, you’re in!
What Areas Have Neighbor Groups?
Below is a list of our current groups. These boundaries are general, so feel free to join as many groups as you’d like. Click the name to be directed to that group’s Facebook page.
- Tarrant County West Neighbor Group (think Saginaw, Lake Worth, White Settlement)
- Tarrant County North Neighbor Group (think Keller, Watauga, Roanoke)
- Tarrant County Northeast Neighbor Group (think Colleyville, Grapevine, Southlake, Westlake)
- Tarrant County South Neighbor Group (think Crowley, Burleson, Cleburne)
- Northwest Fort Worth Neighbor Group (think the areas north of I-30, west of I-35W, inside the 820 loop)
- Central Fort Worth Neighbor Group (think within a 5 mile radius of downtown Fort Worth)
- Southeast Fort Worth Neighbor Group (think the areas south of I-30, east of I-35W, inside the 820 loop)
- Southwest Fort Worth Neighbor Group (think the areas south of I-30, west of I-35W, inside the 820 loop)
- HEB Neighbor Group (think Hurst, Euless, Bedford)
- Parker County Moms Community + Conversation (think Aledo and west into Weatherford)
- Arlington + Mansfield Area Neighbor Group (think Arlington, Mansfield, and Kennedale)
- Denton County Moms Neighbor Group (think Denton, Lewisville, Argyle, and Sanger) Neighbor Group
- Adoptive Moms Tarrant County Area
- Tarrant County Single Moms
- Fort Worth Food Allergy Moms
- Tarrant County Moms of Multiples
- Moms of Special Needs Kids Tarrant Area
- Fertility Discussion with Tarrant County Moms
- Tarrant County Grandmothers Group
We are waiting for you, mama!