Each year the Fort Worth Moms team gathers to celebrate the previous year and vision cast for the year ahead. And oh the fatigue of writing this over and over, our 2021 award show was a bit, um, unprecedented. For the first time ever — and, please Lord, hopefully the last — our annual Fort Worth Moms award show happened virtually.
But it was still fun, y’all. We are now the queens of pulling off a virtual event to remember. *takes bow*
Congrats to the Winners!
If you are interested, these were the winners for this night:
- Neighbor Group Growth Award — Parker County Moms, Katie Frank
- Top Pin 2020 — “DIY Smash Cake Photos on a Dime,” Laura Fils-Aime
- Top Article 2020 — “Soul Food Sunday :: Granny’s Favorites,” Adrianne Gilbreath
- Microblogger of the Year — Elizabeth Northern
- Neighbor Group Leader of the Year — Alison Manhoff, Fort Worth Food Allergy Moms
- Rookie of the Year — Kelly Cox, Tarrant County South Neighbor Group
- Mama’s Choice Award — “And I Worry,” Emily Harrison
- Critics’ Choice Award — “The Hidden Emotional Trauma Parents Don’t Realized They Inflict,” Laura Fils-Aime
- Founder’s Award — Heather Enright
Many thanks to our giveaway prize sponsors too. These treats made our virtual event even more unique:
Like many other local small businesses, the year 2021 will be a year of rebuilding and reworking. We’ve looked deep to make needed changes and hope that Fort Worth Moms looks and feels as the year goes by like a better representation of the women who make up our great area.
Thank YOU a thousand times for supporting us through reading our articles, engaging with us via social, and cheering on the mothers you meet here in this space.
Cheers to 2021!