Sometimes it just doesn’t work out to host an in-person baby shower and have everyone you want to attend. Sometimes that’s because of, oh I don’t know . . . a global pandemic, and sometimes not everyone can make it thanks to living in other towns or states or other conflicting obligations.
As they say, necessity is the mother of invention, so the birth of virtual baby showers arrived in 2020 (puns completely intended).
While we know nothing beats the hug of another or the joy that comes from gathering together for these milestones, there are lots of benefits to hosting a virtual baby shower when in-person won’t work . . . or when you want to offer options. Those benefits are:
- Friends and family from all over can attend! Even those who can’t be there in person because of scheduling issues could hop on via their phones, tablets, etc.
- You can record virtual events and share with others later!
- No matter if your vaccinated or not . . . or high risk or not . . . a virtual option gives everyone a way to participate and show their love and support.
- With the event being virtual, there’s less prep work involved! Don’t stress about having a clean house or securing a venue — it’s all done from the comfort of your home.
All of these benefits are why we decided to make Bloom 2021 virtual! Here is a Bloom 2021 recap of we included in our virtual baby shower, Bloom 2021 :: An Event for New and Expecting Moms . . .
The Main Stage
“The Main Stage” is the starting point where we published all the details about Bloom: sponsors, giveaways, tips, tickets, and more! It also included ways to connect with Fort Worth Moms:
- Join our subscriber list! Get useful resources delivered to your email inbox! Click here if you would like to join the Fort Worth Moms subscriber list. We do not send out spam or bombard your email, but send out content info and event updates.
- Momfessions Podcast
“The Main Stage” also featured our title sponsor, Vivi Women’s Health. At Vivi Women’s Health, a female-led obstetrician-gynecologist (OB/GYN) group, women are empowered to live vivaciously and become partners in their health. Drs. Lindsay Breedlove, Danielle Burkett, Kathleen Cammack, Emily Maas, Jennifer McLeland, Rebecca Rogers, and Jamie Walker Erwin are there for patients at every stage of life, providing comprehensive gynecology and obstetrics services. By building trusted relationships, patients can count on the same shared philosophy and consistency of care from the entire team. Visit Vivi Women’s Health online, on Facebook, and on Instagram.
The Bloom Classroom
The Bloom Classroom is a curated collection of recorded webinars from local experts. These videos feature insight, tips, and encouragement on all things pregnancy, baby, and toddler. Click here to go to our exclusive Bloom Classroom to learn and be inspired.
Virtual Expo Hall
Being a new mom is overwhelming as it is — who has the time (or energy!) to research and find the handy, adorable, and helpful products for moms, babies, and toddlers. The 2021 Virtual Expo Hall brings the resources to you with specialized vendors and local businesses tailored to you and your little’s needs.
We also featured 10 giveaways with prizes from:
- Busy Baby
- Evenflo Feeding
- milk + honey
- Sweet Baby Shade
Thank you to all the sponsors and attendees who supported Fort Worth Moms and our Virtual Bloom 2021 event. We hope this Bloom 2021 recap encourages you “attend” next year! We can’t wait! Fingers crossed for a in-person/virtual combo event. See you in 2022!