Disclaimer :: This post contains affiliate links. Fort Worth Moms may receive a commission if you make a purchase using these links. Thanks for supporting Fort Worth Moms!
Mamas have so many options when it comes to diapers bags these days. In just style alone there are endless choices from backpacks to satchels to crossbody. Then, there are a million questions when it comes to what to put inside! Do I pack my stuff in the diaper bag as well? What do I really need in my diaper bag?
Which Diaper Bag Is Right for You
Here are some of great diaper bag options:
- BB Gear :: This one is my personal favorite! It has multiple pockets to organize everything, is a solid structure so it stays standing on its own, features clips to hang off strollers or shopping carts, and is cute and affordable!
- Fawn :: Made from vegan leather, this bag also offers stylish options, such as a messenger bag or a backpack with 12 pockets.
- Ruvalino :: An affordable option that will last and and can be used later for travel.
- Terra Baby :: This is a crossbody option for mamas who cherish style and organization.
- TWELVELittle :: This brand features a 2-in-1 messenger bag and stroller organizer.
- Feeding supplies :: This changes as your baby grows. It could start out with a nursing cover, bottles and formula, and bibs, then grow to baby foods and spoons. Eventually it will be just carrying around your kiddo’s favorite snacks.
- Cleaning supplies :: You can never pack enough burp cloths, wet wipes, and hand sanitizer.
- A change of clothes for each kid and maybe an extra shirt for yourself :: We all know the messes babies can make and how they love to use mama’s shirt as a napkin. I keep a change of shirt for me for those massive spills and accidents.
- Medicines :: My kiddos have serious seasonal allergies, so I keep allergy medications in our bag along with Zarbee’s Baby Chest Rub. I also keep Neosporin, Band-Aids, and ibuprofen or Tylenol as well.
- Comfort items :: Pack extra pacifiers, extra pacifier clips, loveys or snuggle blankets, in case (and inevitably) one is lost along the way.
- Diapers :: of course. Plan for about one diaper per hour you’re away from home. A changing pad comes in handy, too.
- Mama’s needs :: Chapstick, lipstick, travel deodorant, sunglasses, pads/tampons, wallet, phones, and keys.
Tips and Tricks to Help You Stay Organized
- Pack a nifty safety medical kit, which comes in handy for carrying medicines. You can get it in blue or pink.
- The Fluffy Penguin diaper pods help keep each kiddo’s needs separate and keep your bag organized if you’re packing for more than one kid.
- Storing things in reusable bags also helps keep things organized. I tend to keep my kids’ diapers in large bags and other things like toiletries in smaller bags.
Share your favorite diaper bag — and why you love it — below!