On August 26, 2021, a friend and former writer passed away from a weeks-long battle with coronavirus. Our hearts are broken and our condolences extend to her husband, three children, and many family members and friends.
Shanan joined the Fort Worth Moms team in 2016 as a writer. She contributed through the end of 2017. Shanan also continued to be involved in several of our Facebook moms groups: Adoptive Moms Tarrant County Area, Fort Worth Food Allergy Moms, and Moms of Kids with Differences and Disabilities.
These were all areas where Shanan was passionate — not only as she parented her own children, but also as she shared her experiences and encouraged other mothers on similar journeys.
As we read through the articles Shanan wrote while on the FWM team, we recongize a running theme: Creating empathy for and understanding of others. To honor her impact at Fort Worth Moms and our community, we share again her articles, her words, and a part of her legacy. We hope these are a comfort to her family and that these continue to be an encouragement and resource to mothers Shanan never met. To read Shanan’s entire catalog, please visit https://fwmoms.com/author/shananjohnson/.
- A Word of Encouragement for the Chronically Ill Mom
- How I Became a Multiracial Mom
- Inside the Mind of Dyslexia
- Raising Another Woman’s Husband: He’s Not Only My Son
- Raising a Girl to be a Woman, Wife, and Mother
- The Importance of Men in the Lives of Children
- What I Want My Kids to Know About Homework
- Why Some of Us Secretly Hate Mother’s Day
- Why Your Infertile Friend Is Always Watching the Clock
So very sad. Sending prayers to her family and loved ones.