Why can’t we keep our houses clean? What is the psychology behind the piles and the avoidance? How are our ideals paralyzing us? We tackle these questions and more in this episode of Momfessions Podcast. Thanks to special guest Dr. Kristen Criado, who you will remember from our “Parenting Kids with Anxiety” episode, Beth and Emily deep dive into the big emotions cleaning and home organization bring up.
These past episodes and other articles were mentioned in the episode:
- “Cinderfella: Chores and Boys”
- “How a Young Stay-at-Home Mom with Toddlers Keeps Her House Clean and Tidy”
- “How I Attempt to Keep My Possessions in Our Home to a Minimum and Keep My Sanity Intact”
- “I Refuse to Raise Children”
- “One Mama’s Laundry Tips for You”
- “The Dirty Laundry,” episode 51
- “The ‘Work to Eat’ Program”
Dr. Kristen Criado received her PhD in 2008 from the University of Florida and completed her internship and fellowship at the University of Miami. She is a licensed psychologist in the state of Texas and is approved by PSYPACT to practice telepsychology in Arizona, Colorado, Delaware, Georgia, Illinois, Missouri, Nebraska, New Hampshire, Nevada, Oklahoma, Texas, Utah, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and North Carolina. She is certified in parent-child interaction therapy.
You can follow Momfessions on Facebook — and follow Fort Worth Moms on Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, Pinterest, and Twitter. Join our email subscriber list to never miss out of the resources, community, and fun.