While Fort Worth Moms (FWM) can provide online resources, stories of encouragement and solidarity, and information, that publishing medium alone doesn’t serve as the connector of women. We want mothers to feel less alone, less isolated — and that is true now more than ever!
Thus, we are looking for women who are the connectors. Women who are comfortable buidling community in a digital space. Who are aren’t afraid to jump right in there and start discussion, to cheer for other moms, and to say “I know what you mean!”
Neighbor Group Leader Requirements
- Lives within the designated Neighbor Group area (where applicable).
- Is a self-starter with a positive and uplifting attitude.
- Desires to connect with others in the community.
- Possesses a passion for nurturing and building relationships.
- Is comfortable with the technical aspect of managing a Facebook group.
- Knows how to cultivate community in an online space.
- Has the time to commit to five hours per month with a minimum six-month commitment.
- Participates in a Fort Worth Moms social share group.
- Attendee a once-per-quarter Neighbor Group team meeting.
Neighbor Group Leader Responsibilities
- Welcomes new members to the group.
- Shares a weekly discussion topic in the group.
- Keeps an eye on the feed, alerting the neighbor groups coordinator if group rules are broken.
- Determines, in conjunction with group members, a regular time and place for in-person or virtual meet-ups.
- Communicates with the neighbor groups coordinator regularly.
- When requested by neighbor groups coordinator, posts FWM information to the group.
- Always represents FWM in a positive and professional manner.
- Access to the FWM Neighbor Group leader Facebook group.
- Attendance to FWM bi-annual in-person and quarterly virtual Neighbor Group leader meetings.
- Opportunity to connect directly with the FWM readership.
- Professional development.
- New friendships and an amazing experience!
We are looking for women who can serve other moms in the Neighbor Group leader role. Right now, we are looking for women to take leadership of these regional and topical groups:
- Arlington + Mansfield Area (think Arlington, Mansfield, and Kennedale)
- HEB (think Hurst, Euless, Bedford)
- Northwest Fort Worth
- Tarrant County Moms of Multiples
- Tarrant County Northeast (think Colleyville, Grapevine, Southlake, Westlake)
- Southeast Fort Worth (think the areas south of I-30, east of I-35W, inside the 820 loop)
Our Neighbor Group leaders facilitate group discussions, ensure all group rules are being followed, and help organize in-person or virtual meet-ups. This is a volunteer position that requires five hours per month with a minimum six-month commitment.