Disclaimer :: The Courtyard Marriott Fort Worth Historic Stockyards sponsored the Fort Worth Moms Blog team for its July staff meeting. In addition to enjoying the hospitality and catering, FWMB got a behind-the-scenes tour of everything the hotel offers. We are thrilled to share what we saw with you in this blog post!
The Fort Worth Stockyards is one of the city’s main attractions. Who wouldn’t love it? There’s history, margaritas, museums, re-enactments, horses, games, shopping, BBQ, the rodeo, and a cattle drive, for Pete’s sake. The Stockyard area offers so many opportunities for fun, learning, and new experiences; there’s certainly more to do than you can fit in one day.
And that means you need a place to stay. (Was that a great segue or what?)
Whether you are out-of-towners (howdy, y’all) or locals making the most of a staycation, we’ve found a great, family-friendly hotel right in the heart of the Stockyards: The brand spankin’ new Courtyard Marriott Fort Worth Historic Stockyards.
Location, Location, Location
Nestled on the corner of North Main and North West 25th Street, guests literally walk across the street to enter the hub bub of the area, with walkable access to shops, restaurants, rodeo, and heaps of fun. But, if you need a break from the cowboys and culture, families will find a beautiful park behind the hotel filled with green grass, trees, bridges, walking trails, and lots of nature to explore.
[wooslider slider_type=”attachments” limit=”4″ thumbnails=”carousel” size=”medium_large”]
Now, let’s talk about the hotel itself. True story: The minute our staff walked through the doors, the cell phones popped out because everyone was enamored with the decor. It’s all things Fort Worth and chic wrapped into one. (The wall of boots. Swoon.) That sense of modern cowboy chic carries through the entire hotel.
Courtyard offers several types of rooms:
- 1 King bed, sofa bed (sleeps four)
- 2 Queen beds (sleeps four)
- 2 Queen beds, sofa bed (sleeps five)
- 1 bedroom suite with separate King bed, sofa bed in main living area (sleeps six)
(They had us at “separate bedroom.”)
The rooms also offer complimentary Wi-Fi and the ability to log into Netflix, Hulu, YouTube, or Pandora from its smart TVs.
If the accommodations were not spacious and comfortable — and cute — enough, you’ll melt when you see the oversized rocking chairs along the side porch.
Plenty of space for the family? Check. Comfy beds? Check. New, modern interiors? Check. Close to all the fun but still quiet enough for nap time? Check. It’s at this point we ask: What else could you want in your Stockyard hotel? How about . . .
- Pool — the kids and grown ups alike will love the outdoor pool. Burn off that afternoon energy, kids.
- Exercise Facility — maintain that workout regimen or escape for some me time on the treadmill.
- Laundry — after all the swimming and exercising, you need laundry! Courtyard offers easy access to washer/dryers and complimentary detergents.
- Food — The Bistro provides breakfast and dinner choices for the hungriest — and pickiest — of bellies, along with cocktail options and Starbucks coffees.
- Showers, Parties, and Soirees — the pool veranda, The Bistro dining area, or the dedicated meeting space make the perfect spot for your next small event, complete with catering options.
- Meeting Space — the FWMB enjoyed use of the conference meeting space and hotel catering. The staff attended to our every need, providing the perfect environment for presentations, media, and a comfortable space.
Ready to book your next trip??? It’s simple and easy to find a room and rate that’s right for you. Be sure to tell ’em the Fort Worth Moms Blog sent ya!