As a reader, I love to dig out books each year to read for different seasons. Fall and Thanksgiving are some of my favorites. I love sharing seasonal reads with my family.
Here are a few to get you started! Make sure to check out your local library for more! There may be a story time or two featuring these books.
Books for Babies and Toddlers
- You’re the Apple of My Pie by Rose Rossner :: A super cute book, filled with puns about food.
- I Am Thankful by Sheri Wall :: A lovely book that teaches about coming together and giving thanks.
- Turkey Gobble by Little Bee Books :: A fun interactive book, perfect for littles.
Books for Small Kiddos and Preschoolers
- Peyton Picks the Perfect Pie by America’s Test Kitchen Kids :: A book about a “picky” eater who picks out the perfect pie.
- Thankful by Eileen Spinelli :: A great book to talk about being thankful.
- Bear Says Thanks by Karma Wilson :: See how a bear celebrates Thanksgiving with friends.
- How to Catch a Turkey by Adam Wallace :: Read about catching a turkey that got loose!
- The Little Kids Table by Mary Ann McCabe Riehle :: A fun book about what can happen when you sit at the kids table.
Books for Elementary Kids
- Thanksgiving in the Woods by Phyllis Alsdurf :: A book about a family that celebrates with an outdoor Thanksgiving.
- Nate the Great Talks Turkey by Marjorie Weinman Sharmat :: A great read from the Nate the Great detective series.
- Turkey Trouble by Wendi Silvano :: A fun book about a turkey trying to think of ways to disguise himself, so he won’t be turkey dinner.
- Thanksgiving on Thursday by Mary Pope Osborne :: A Magic Tree House book where they get transported back to the first Thanksgiving!
- We are Grateful: Otsaliheliga by Traci Sorrell :: A great book to read about other cultures traditions.
- Balloons over Broadway by Melissa Sweet :: A great look at the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day parade!
Books for Middle Schoolers
- What was the First Thanksgiving? by Joan Holub :: A book from the What Was series that’s great to read as a family.
- Thanksgiving Thief by Carolyn Keene :: A Nancy Drew Clue Crew Thanksgiving mystery your middle schooler will love solving.
- Dr. Carbles is Losing His Marbles by Dan Gutman :: A funny Thanksgiving story from the My Weird School Series.
Books for High Schoolers
- Karen’s Surprise by Ann M. Martin :: A Babysitter’s Club Little Sister book about a Thanksgiving play.
- Pumpkin Pie by Katelyn Brawn :: A book about a girl just wanting to live “hap-pie-ly” ever after.
- A Place at the Table by Saadia Faruqi :: A book about coming together through food.
>> RELATED READ :: 27 Festive Fall Books for the Whole Family (Including Mom!) <<
Books for Moms
- Thanksgiving by Janet Evanovich :: A rabbit brings two people together at Thanksgiving.
- The Cat Who Talked Turkey by Lilian Jackson Braun :: A mystery in a bookstore that is being built.
- A Quilter’s Holiday by Jennifer Chiaverini :: A feel-good story about quilters coming together and sharing what they are thankful for.
- The Accidental Tourist by Anne Tyler :: A kooky love story filled with a slow-roasted turkey on Thanksgiving.
Books for the Family to Enjoy All Together
- An Old-Fashioned Thanksgiving by Louisa May Alcott :: A short story by the author of Little Women about a family Thanksgiving.
- Thank You Sarah, The Woman Who Saved Thanksgiving by Laurie Halse Anderson :: A story about a woman saving Thanksgiving when people have started to forget.
- 1621: A New Look at Thanksgiving by Catherine O’Neill Grace :: A National Geographic Look at Thanksgiving.
- Vegan Holiday Cookbook by Katie Culpin :: Some different recipes to maybe try this Thanksgiving.
- Bluey & Bingo’s Fancy Restaurant Cookbook by Penguin Young Readers :: A fun Bluey cookbook to share and maybe make some of their “fancy” food.