Ice cream may be one of the best treats ever, and not just in summer. There are so may different options and so many ways it can be served.
Where to Dine-In
Amorino Gelato // Organic gelato with vegan and gluten free options.
Bahama Buck’s // Shaved ice meets ice cream and smoothies to provide a chill experience.
Cow Tipping Creamery // Delicious soft serve in a fun environment with a nice outdoor patio.
Curly’s Frozen Custard // A Fort Worth staple right off of Camp Bowie serving up down-home flavors year-round.
Henry’s Homemade Ice Cream // Catering company based in Plano with more than 70 locations.
Iceland Ice Cream // Rolled ice cream topped with fresh fruit and candy.
Mad Mike’s Ice Cream// Delicious homemade ice cream.
Melt Ice Creams // Creative flavors meet vegan friendly in a cozy parlor.
Milwaukee Joe’s // Fun gourmet ice cream.
Morgan’s Ice Cream Company // Formerly Gypsy Scoops, Morgan’s is owned by the same family that runs Dwell Coffee and features rotating flavors.
Pokey O’s // This is an award-winning ice cream truck!
Steel City Pops // Fort Worth-based modern ice cream parlor serving up small-batch ice cream in fruit and creamy flavors.
Where to Buy & Take Out
Pop in and out for a quick treat at any of these convenience-style locations!
Who can forget your friendly neighborhood ice cream truck or palatero?
Make it Yourself (or with the Kiddos) Ice Cream
What you’ll need:
- 1 quart sealable bag
- 1 gallon sealable bag
- 1 cup light cream or half-and-half
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (or more if you like a really strong vanilla flavor)
- 1/2 coarse kosher or rock salt
- Ice cubes
- Add cream, vanilla, and sugar to quart-sized sealable bag
- Fill gallon bag with ice and measured salt. Add quart bag and seal gallon bag.
- Shake bags together. This can take five to 10 minutes.
- Once cream has thickened well, remove quart bag, empty gallon bag, and enjoy!
Mango Lime Fro-Yo
What You’ll Need:
- 1 mango (fresh or frozen cubes)
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons vanilla yogurt (or flavor of your choice!)
- Peel and cube one mango (or use a small bag of frozen mango chunks).
- Place mango, two teaspoons lime juice, and two tablespoons of your favorite yogurt to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Eat immediately or freeze for later.
No-Bake Cookie Dough Ice Cream Sandwiches
What You’ll Need:
- 1 cup date paste
- 2/3 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 3-4 frozen bananas
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- Combine, date paste, flour, salt, vanilla, and chocolate chips until it holds together. If it’s too dry add more date paste.
- Blend bananas and coconut milk until smooth in a blender.
- Divide cookie dough into two portions. Press half of the cookie dough into a square container. Pour ice cream mixture on top. Freeze for two hours.
- Once ice cream is solid enough, press other half of dough on top.
- Freeze overnight.
- Cut into bars and enjoy!
For extra fun add sprinkles, flavored syrups, cookie pieces, boba, or any other fun treat your kiddo (or you) really enjoy.