Warm, spring days beckon me outside, begging me to pop open a can of chilled beer and come sit. I sit, and for a few minutes, time slows down as I enjoy that ice-cold brew sliding down my throat.
I didn’t have much interest in beer until I spent a few years living in craft-beer-savvy Michigan with my beer-smart husband. At his urging, I would always sip whatever beer he ordered, usually scrunching up my face in response to the flavor. Slowly, eventually, I developed a liking for craft beers, and I turned into a craft beer fanatic. Now, I get excited to try a new brewery or a new beer, and I love to share my finds!
The following local breweries are offering beer to go via curbside pick-up. In case you don’t know what to start with, I’ve recommended two personal favorites from each brewery. Click on the links for details about current offerings and pick-up hours for each location.
- HopFusion Ale Works – Tactical Tomahawk (IPA-American) and Coco Añejo (Stout-Imperial/Double Milk)
- Cowtown Brewing Company – Horse With No Name (Lager-India Pale Lager) and Rhinestone Cowboy (Kölsch)
- Panther Island Brewing – IPF’NA (IPA-Imperial/Double) and Cannonball (Scotch Ale/Wee Heavy)
- Martin House Brewing Company – The Imperial Texan (Red Ale-Imperial/Double) and Salty Lady (Sour-Gose)
- Wild Acre Brewing Company – Ranch Style (Pils) and Agave Americana (Ale)
- Rahr & Sons Brewing Co. – Adios Pantalones (beer with lemon and lime) and Dadgum IPA (Indian Pale Ale)
- Fort Brewery & Pizza – 1849 (Irish Red Ale) and Zeppelin (Marzen)
- Division Brewing Company – Sabrosia (Imperial-Double New England) and Smokin’ Jack-o’s (smoked beer)
- Legal Draft Beer Co. – Bock Trial Doppelbock (Doppelbock) and Accused Amber Lager (Amber Vienna Lager)
- Turning Point Beer – You, Nature, Trees (IPA-Imperial/Double New England), and Loosely Prearranged Destiny (Stout-Pastry)
- Funky Picnic Brewery – Stubby Got Mad Hops (Hazy IPA) and One Star, Not Sour Enough (Rye Porter)
Fort Worth has a great local beer scene, but if visiting a brewery does not appeal to you, look for these at your local grocery store. In no particular order:
- Hopadillo IPA, Karbach Brewing Company
- Yule Shoot Your Eye Out, Karbach Brewing Company
- Southern Wheat, Karbach Brewing Company
- Neato Bandito, Deep Ellum Brewing Company
- Deep Ellum IPA, Deep Ellum Brewing Company
- Art Car IPA, Saint Arnold Brewing Company
- Two Hearted, Bell’s Brewery
- Space Dust, Elysian Brewing Company
- Austin Amber, Independence Brewing Company
- Firemans #4, Real Ale Brewing Company
- Mosaic IPA, Community Beer Co.
- Hefeweizen, Paulaner
- Dragon’s Milk, New Holland Brewing
- Vanilla Porter,Breckenridge Brewery
- The Imperial Texan, Martin House Brewing Company
- Coco Añejo,HopFusion Ale Works
- Amber, Alaskan Brewing Co.
- Honey Please, Armadillo Ale Works
- Public Dissent, Unlawful Assembly Brewing Company
- Nowhere But Texas, Legal Draft Beer Company
- Billy Jenkins Bock, Wild Acre Brewing Company
- Big Bark Amber Lager, Live Oak Brewing Company